This Society shall be known as the "Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics (Singapore Chapter)", herein after referred to as the "Society".
("The Association for Computing Machinery" will henceforth be referred to as ACM, and "Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics" as SIGGRAPH.)
Its place of business shall be at Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR, 1 Fusionopolis Way, #21-01 Connexis (South Tower), Singapore 138632 or such other address as may subsequently be decided upon by the Committee and approved by the Registrar of Societies. The Society shall carry out its activities only in places and premises which have the prior written approval from the relevant authorities, where necessary.
The Society is organised and will be operated exclusively for educational, scientific and artistic purposes. Its objects are:
1. To promote an increased knowledge of and interest in the educational, scientific and artistic aspects and applications of modern computing in computer graphics.
2. To provide a means of communication between persons having an interest in computer graphics.
3. To support activities complimentary to the ACM, SIGGRAPH, and other ACM and SIGGRAPH activities in Singapore.
There will be two types of membership: voting and student.
Voting Membership in the Society shall be open to all ACM members and ACM SIGGRAPH members in the locality served by the Society upon request and payment of any local dues, as determined by the Management Committee. Voting membership is also open to all persons interested in computer graphics upon request and payment of local dues. Voting members have the right to vote.
Student membership shall be open to all full-time students; student membership dues shall be determined by the Management Committee.
Only members who are above 18 years of age shall have the right to vote and to hold office in the Society.
1. A person wishing to join the Society should submit his/her particulars to the Secretary on a prescribed form.
2. The Committee will decide on the application for membership.